Friday, April 29, 2005

9:09 Pace?

In order to finish the mini-marathon in 2 hrs, I have to run at least a 9:09 mile. Earlier in the year, I was running 8:30 pretty easily. Eventually, I was having too much pain and had to back off. With the Tylenol I got for free, I should be able to endure a little faster pace after I get warmed up. There's plenty of recovery time later when I am sitting in the theater watching Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I don't go to see many movies these days, but since I saw the PBS version, I need to see what they have done with the story now. Hopefully, I won't be in too much discomfort to understand the reality that "42" is the answer.

Check out AlabamaJenks' post on Buzzard's Root today about the impact that failing to raise children properly is having in the school system. The young boys of the children he describes have fallen way off the pace toward becoming biblical men as rendered by Dr. Albert Mohler.

No comments: